- Use on a variety of interior surfaces like wood, metal, ceramic, canvas and easily distress to create a vintage look
- Low-odor, latex formula allows for easy clean up with soap and water
- Dries to the touch in just 30 minutes and covers up to 150 sq. ft.; one-coat coverage allows projects to be completed easily
- Excellent adhesion and easy application with minimal prep
- Dries to an ultra-matte velvety, smooth finish
From the manufacturer
Refresh Your Décor With Chalked Paints
One Coat Coverage for Most Surfaces
Rejuvenate your décor with a soft, matte chalky finish on wood, metal, ceramic, glass, canvas and more. For added customization and style, distress item following application for an aged, chippy look and vintage appearance. Available in a variety of trending colors, Rust-Oleum Chalked Brush Paints may be layered over one another to create a unique, one of a kind look. For added protection following application, use Rust-Oleum Chalked Clear Protective Topcoat brush-on.
Also available in a spray version and Chalked Decorative Glaze for antiquing.
- Velvety Smooth Finish
- Easy Application
- Superior Coverage
- Indoor Use Only
- On Trend Color Palette
Add That Cozy Feeling to Your Home - One Paint...so Many Choices!
Soft Warm Colors
Simple Yet Elegant
Distress by Lightly Sanding
Glaze for an Antique Look
Complete Projects With Ease
Clean & Prep
Remove any hardware, wash surface with soap and water and let dry. Remove any loose paint or rust and lightly sand glossy surfaces for better adhesion. Primer is not required for most surfaces, but recommended for bare wood or wood high in tannins such as redwood, mahogany and fir.
If primer is used, wait 2 hours before applying finish. Stir thoroughly to re-disperse any settled pigment. Use a high quality synthetic brush to apply light even brush strokes. For each coat applied, allow 2 hours before next coat.
Once last coat dries for at least 8 hours, apply topcoat for extra protection. Apply 1-2 light even coats, waiting 2 hours between coats.
- Low Odor
- Soap & Water Clean Up
- Great for DIY Projects
- Also Available in Chalked Spray and Chalked Glaze
Tips & Techniques for a Fabulous Finish!
- Use high quality synthetic or foam brush
- Apply light even strokes to ensure even flow
- To distress, lightly sand surface corners and edges
- 1 coat coverage on most surfaces
- Apply as many as 5 coats to get the look you want
- For an antique look, use Chalked Decorative Glaze
- No primer required but suggested over bare wood
- No sanding necessary on most surfaces
|Opacity||Opaque||Semi-Transparent to Opaque with Buildable Finish|
|Finish||Velvety Soft Matte||Lightly Textured Finish|
|Application||Light, Even Brush Strokes||Apply by Brushing 'V' Pattern for Washed Look|
|Coats||1 Coat Coverage (More Can be Applied as Desired)||Layer Multiple Coats for a Unique Appearance|
|Coverage||Up to 150 sq. ft. per quart||Up to 125 sq. ft. per quart|
|Dries to Touch||30 Minutes||30-60 Minutes|
|Recoat/Topcoat||2-4 Hours||1 Hour|
|Special Effects||Glaze or Sand for Desired Effect||Sand, Build or Layer Colors for Desired Effect|