- Cuts all composition materials, plywoods, hardwoods, and softwoods.
- Use on CNC and other automatic routers as well as hand-held and table-mounted portable routers.
- 1-1/4 inch diameter, 1/4-inch shank
- Ground carbide with titanium for long life
- Computer balanced for vibration free operation speeds over 22,000 RPM
- Impervious to chemical attack
Freud’s Mortising Bits are designed with deep center gullets for maximum material removal without chip loading. 1-1/4" Overall Dia (D), 29/64" Carbide Height (h), 1/4" Shank, 2-1/8" Overall Length (H) Ideal For: Mortising hinges & hardware; dadoes. Application: Down shear works to eliminate splintering ideal for hinges, mortises, and dadoes. Made In Italy.
From the Manufacturer
Freud's precision ground carbide bits have a grain size smaller than other grades, and titanium is added making them impervious to chemical attack. Promoting safer woodworking is the reason Freud made a commitment to develop anti-kickback router bits. Bits are computer balanced to insure vibration-free operation at speeds that are a safe margin above the typical 22,000 RPMs of most routers. Freud's philosophy is woodworkers should expect safety, not pay for it. Over all diameter 1-1/4-inch, shank diameter 1/4-inch.