- Excellent for car and furniture leather, leather jackets, handbags and other leather items
- COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh dye consists of binding agents and top coats to make it long lasting and easy to apply
- Once dried it becomes colourfast and does not transfer onto other materials
- 150 ml usually enough to colour one set of furniture. Also sold in 30 ml and 1 Litre bottles
- For small damages use in combination with COLOURLOCK Fluid Leather Filler
COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh Dye
COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh is a water based color refresher for minor scratches, worn or faded leather. Leather Fresh is ideal to refresh color damages on car leather, furniture leather, leather garments and handbags. Leather Fresh is available in 46 shades from our color chart.
Q: How can I ensure I choose the correct color?
A: Ask us before placing your order and we will send you a printed copy of our color chart for FREE. Choose a color that provides the most suitable match.
Q: What if none of the colors match my leather item?
A: For an extra charge, we can custom mix any color. Just send a small sample to us by post (minimum size 1 inch by 1inch). Custom colors are only available in 5 fl.oz or larger sizes but we can provide an exact match.
Q: I need a color for my car interior?
A: Send us your chassis number/ VIN , make and model of the car and we will find out the exact details of your interior and advice how to order. We use our collection of original leather samples for most automotive manufacturers to custom mix your color. If we don't have a sample, we will need you to send us one!
Q: Will this product fill scratches or cracks?
A: No. It will only color it. If you want to fill them please buy Colourlock Fluid Leather in addition to the Leather Fresh.
Do's - Best practices to follow when using Leather Fresh
Before applying Leather Fresh - Removing dirt and grease ensures good color adhesion. Sanding the leather makes the surface feel smooth and gives amuch nicer finish.
- Clean the leather first with COLOURLOCK Mild/Strong leather Cleaner or other suitable cleaner.
- If the surface is greasy, degrease using COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Spirit.
- Sand the leather gently with a fine grit sanding pad to achieve a smooth surface or use COLOURLOCK Sanding Pad and dust off using a clean dry cloth.
After applying Leather fresh - A day later, apply a suitable care product to keep the leather soft and enhance the life-span. Good quality leather lasts a long time if it is well taken care of!
- Do not use on porous leather. If unsure, test first by rubbing a drop of water in a hidden area
- Do not use this product to change the color of the leather. It is only meant for refreshing the existing color.
- Do not apply a care product immediately after applying Leather Fresh. Wait a few hours or even 24 hours.
- Do not heat the leather excessively during drying process between layers.
- Do not pour the color directly on the leather.
- Computer screens display colors incorrectly, please ask us first if you are unsure.
Typical damages that can be repaired using Leather fresh
Colour damage on a leather sofa due to friction from everyday use and general wear.
Use COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh and other prep products to restore this to former glory!
Leather rucksack faded mainly due to sunlight and UV damage.
Restore it back to its original color by following are recommended methods!
VW Golf Convertible interior - driver seat bolster worn and scuffed from regular use.
Bring back to life using COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh using our standard colors from the chart or by requesting a custom mix.