- AC Legg #10 is the most popular pork sausage seasoning. A true "Southern Style" seasoning. It has a relatively high level of sage, red pepper and black pepper. Some red pepper is crushed to be visible in the finished product.
- One 8 oz. Bag. Seasons 25 pounds of Sausage. NO MSG.
- Legg's exclusive high-barrier, multi-wall packaging protects the seasoning's freshness and flavor for at least 12 months
- Mix bag with 25-lbs. of meat. You can use 25 lbs. of lean pork (boneless pork shoulder butts will work if you can't purchase 80/20 pork trim from a butcher shop). Or you can use 22 lbs. of lean pork and 3 lbs. of lean beef. Empty entire bag of seasoning into the 25 lbs. of meat and mix thoroughly (it works best if you cut the meat into small chunks first). Then stuff the sausage into natural hog casings for links. Or you can package the sausage in 1 lb. bulk freezer bags.
- Breakdown for less than a 25 lb. batch - 1 oz. Seasons 3 lbs. of Meat. (2 Tablespoons = 1 ounce.) Can be used when making deer breakfast sausage. Our recipe is to use 50% (12.5 lbs.)deer with 50% (12.5 lbs.)lean pork and use 1 - 8 oz. Bag of Leggs #10 Seasoning.
Legg's original "Southern Style" pork sausage seasoning with generous levels of natural spices. Old Plantation #10 Pork Sausage Seasoning is the blend that A C Legg has built its reputation on since 1923. Many customers use this blend to season Holiday dressing. The blend is also used for manufacturing souse and headcheese. Another alternative is to add an additional 1.50 ounces of salt, 2.00 ounces of sugar, 1.00 ounce of Legg Cure 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, 10.00% water per 25 pounds of meat and manufacture an excellent smoked sausage.